1) As rules and policies keep changing rapidly, there are no guarantees – but we will try our best. The faster you gather the needed documentation – the more likely the permit will be approved and issued in time.
2) A travel permit is not needed for any passengers that are citizens of Israel and that have a valid Israeli Passport
3) Once everything is confirmed and the travel permit is issued, we will share contact info with you for our colleagues on the ground in Israel who can assist you with any questions, concerns, or logistics from when you arrive in Israel until your departure from Israel.
4) Please note that you are supposed to only enter Israel for a minimum of 2 weeks; however, if you are staying less than 24 hours – they can make exceptions for a funeral only. Therefore, your stay in Israel either needs to be less than 24 hours or more than 2 weeks – If it is a Friday burial, they may permit you to stay over Shabbos and return back to the USA on the Saturday night flight.
5) Please note that Ishurim will only be issued for documented 1st-degree relatives of the deceased (spouse, child, parent, sibling) or a spouse of a 1st-degree relative, only if both spouses are traveling. If there are special circumstances, please call 646-517-0222 ext 999, and discuss it with David right away.
6) We must speak to the traveler directly before making any requests if more than one person is traveling; there needs to be only one family member we are communicating with on behalf of all travelers.
7)Once the Ishur is issued – for all flights:
For coming into Israel, including Israelis Click Here
For leaving the country, including Israelis: Click Here
The form can only be filled in within 24 hours of departure. After submitting the form, they have to wait for an approval which they will show proof of on a smartphone, or print out. They won’t be allowed to fly without this form completed correctly.
Only takes 90 sec to fill out and you get an email reply within 5 min with the approval and attached pdf.
If you have any additional questions, please email [email protected]. If this is urgent, and you need immediate assistance, please call David Kushner, Amudim’s Director of Government Relations, at 646-517-0222 ext 999, 24 hours a day.