Latest Update as of 9/3/2021
Note: There are new rules set to take effect on October 1st, 2021, and we will update those changes when they become official.
All persons entering the State of Israel at this time, regardless of citizenship, are obligated to adhere to all of the rules of quarantine, as determined by the Ministry of Health upon your arrival at Ben Gurion Airport in Israel.
Depending on each traveler’s individual circumstances, history, and where they are traveling from – a determination will be made upon arrival (there is no mechanism to make a request until you have already landed in Israel) as to which level of quarantine each traveler will be obligated to adhere to.
Foreigners leaving Israel before the end of the isolation period or found to be in violation of quarantine regulations without special approval from the Israeli authorities, violate the laws of the State of Israel and face a penalty of future denial of entry and up to A 5 YEAR ENTRY BAN INTO ISRAEL
Israeli Citizens found to be in violation of quarantine guidelines risk a significant fine from the government (up to 10,000 shekels per person / per violation) and potentially being denied the ability to leave the country until those fines are paid in full.
For an up to date list of what countries are considered high risk and low risk, please visit the following link. Please not this information can change quickly and without advanced warning. We therefore strongly advise that you check this list prior to flying Click here for the list.
See Below for Current Quarantine Information for those recovered from COVID or Vaccinated outside of Israel, In a Yellow Country (Including the USA, England, and most countries of the world). (Rules for those who recovered or were vaccinated inside of Israel are found lower on this page).
- All travelers returning from these countries, including vaccinated or recovered persons will be required to observe quarantine. Quarantine is 14 days, but can be shortened to 7 days.
- In order to shorten the Quarantine/Bidud period from 14 days to 7 days – you will need 2 negative pcr test results – the 1st that was taken upon arrival at the airport in Israel and a 2nd test taken on day # 7 from when you arrived. If both tests come back negative, you are released from quarantine and free to travel freely both within Israel and free to fly out of Israel.
See Below for Updated Quarantine Information for those recovered from COVID or Vaccinated inside Israel. (Rules for those who recovered or were vaccinated outside of Israel see above).
On September 3rd, 2021, new rules regarding quarantine have gone into effect by the Israel Ministry of Health. The new rules he rules allow passengers who have recovered or been vaccinated IN Israel to largely avoid quarantine when arriving from Orange countries. Click here to see what country you are coming from is considered. (we will add the link to the Israel government website where one can check)
As of now, all travelers arriving in Israel from Orange countries are required to quarantine for between 7 and 14 days, even if they are vaccinated or recovered.
When arriving in Israel from Orange countries, the following individuals will be able to avoid quarantine:
1) Persons who have received 3 vaccines (after a week has passed from the third vaccine).
2) Persons who have received 2 vaccines, if the second vaccine was within the last 6 months.
3) Persons who have recovered from Covid in the past 6 months or less.
4) Persons who have recovered from Covid at any time in the past, who have received at least one vaccine.
In all of the above situations, passengers will be permitted to exit quarantine upon receiving negative PCR test results or when 24 hours have passed, whichever comes first.
At this time, it appears that the new rules will NOT apply to persons vaccinated abroad, though is always subject to change.