1) If you email send an email to [email protected] please make sure to include your phone number.
2) As rules and policies keep changing rapidly, there are no guarantees – but we will try our best. The faster you gather the needed documentation – the more likely the permit will be approved and issued in time.
3) A travel permit is not needed for any passengers that are citizens of Israel and that have a valid Israeli Passport
4) Once everything is confirmed and the travel permit is issued, we will share contact info with you for our colleagues on the ground in Israel who can assist you with any questions, concerns, or logistics from when you arrive in Israel until your departure from Israel.
5) Please note that you are obligated to remain in Israel for the duration of each individual travelers quarantine period.
However, if you are traveling for a funeral, you may enter and exit Israel within less than 24 hours. This exception applies to funerals only.
6) Please note that Ishurim will only be issued for documented 1st-degree relatives of the deceased (spouse, child, parent, sibling). If there are special circumstances, please call 646-517-0222 ext 999, and discuss it with David right away.
7) We must speak to the traveler directly before making any requests if more than one person is traveling; there needs to be only one family member we are communicating with on behalf of all travelers.
If you have any additional questions, please email [email protected]. If this is urgent and you need immediate assistance, please call David Kushner, Amudim’s Director of Government Relations, at 646-517-0222 ext 999, 24 hours a day.